Apple Music Classical app announced, launching March 28
Apple is entering the classical music streaming scene with its brand new Apple Music Classical app, available for pre-order in the Apple App Store.
Subscribers can expect access to over 5 million tracks, including new releases in high-quality audio, as well as hundreds of curated playlists, thousands of exclusive albums and more. Plus, enjoy composer bios and deep dives into key works.
Apple Music has entered the classical music market with the launch of its new app – Apple Music Classical. As part of its 2021 acquisition of Amsterdam-based streamer Primaphonic, Apple Music is targeting classical music fans with this unique offering, differentiating it from rival Spotify’s AI and video-based discovery feed.
Apple Music Classical App
Apple invites you to explore classical music with their app: Apple Music Classical. With it, you can easily search the world’s largest classical music catalog and be rewarded with the highest audio quality of up to 192 kHz/24-bit Hi-Res Lossless.
Hear your favorites like never before without spatial audio and commercials. Plus, novices can easily become familiar with the genre through hundreds of essential playlists, musician biographies, deep-dive guides, and intuitive browsing features.
- Search the world’s largest classical music catalog
- Search by composer, work, conductor, or catalog number, and get quick access to specific recordings.
- Enjoy the highest audio quality (up to 192 kHz/24-bit Hi-Res lossless)
- Listen to classical favorites with Dolby Atmos spatial audio support
- zero ads
- Hundreds of essential playlists, musician biographies, deep-dive guides, and intuitive browsing features
- Stream via AirPlay to compatible wireless devices.
Apple Music Classical is now available for pre-order on the App Store and will be released on March 28. As of now, it will only be compatible with iOS devices running iOS 15.4 or later.
An Apple Music subscription is required, and the app is available in Individual (US$10.99/Rs. 99 in India), Student (US$5.99/Rs. 59 in India) and Family (US$16.99/Rs. 149 in India) plans. ) plans, as well as in Apple One bundles, but not with the Apple Music Voice plan (US$4.99 / ₹49 in India).